Jag IRS U/J's

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
simonjrwinter

Jag IRS U/J's

Post by simonjrwinter »

Gents,
my recently installed Jag IRS was fitted with s/h but low mileage Hawk length driveshafts and wishbones. For whatever reason there seems to me play in the U\J's both sides.
It makes sense to remove the driveshafts and hub carriers and replace all four at once, thing is, can the outer U/J's be replaced with the end of the driveshaft still bolted in to the hubs? does the cut out at the top give enough clearance to do that or is it a complete disassembly job? if that's the case I'll get a Jag expert to do it as I understand it needs presses, shims etc and I wouldn't want to get that wrong!
Update, play is minuscule and within tolerance so fortunately no further action needed! .....just my paranoia kicking in...🙄

Simon
Last edited by simonjrwinter on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
SiJackson

Re: Jag IRS U/J's

Post by SiJackson »

I'm not sure if they can be done with the hubs still attached. they press out quite easily though and if the end float is OK at the moment, then reassembling with the same number of shims on each side, should be OK.

I got my UJs from Denis Welch Motorsport

https://www.bighealey.co.uk/jaguar/axle ... t-jcrax217