Rover speedo cabling

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Rover speedo cabling

Post by Dave Woodward »

I have a 4.6 Rover block with an LT77 gearbox. I have salvaged the original speedo wiring loom from the LT77 to feed into Hawk harness but have no reference to understand how the two should be coupled.

Does anybody have any experience in this area. The LT77 loom has an 8 pin male connector at one end, there are two circular three pin female connectors along its length (though each only has two wires to it), and there are two additional free wires at the far end.

I can send a photo or diagram of the loom if it will help.

Thanks.
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi Dave

Allan Tunstall is having the same problems, contact him on :-

allan.tunstall@btinternet.com

regards

Bill
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Will do. Thanks for the direction.

Hope to catch you at Silverstone.

Dave.
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi Dave

Will your 289 be ready by Silverstone :)

regards

Bill
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

kaiserbilly1 wrote:Hi Dave

Will your 289 be ready by Silverstone :)

regards

Bill
So that'll be one more as well as Allan's :twisted:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Sadly not. My build is a solitary journey (can you hear the violins?), though one of immense pleasure.

I am into the final straight now but with the addition of a third child to the family in the last two weeks, getting home from work and dissearing into the garage does not go down well at home.

I will push on as best I can to ensure that I miss as few opportunities as possible to show her off at forthcoming shows.

Cheers.

Dave.
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Dave,

All I can say is keep up the great work, I know what you mean. I normally get an hour in the garage between 11pm and midnight. How long have you been building for now? I remember when you came down to Gerry's same day that I collected my parts, no children back then (except one on my front!). Anyway, glad you are still going with the build.

John.
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Hi John.

You did have to ask that question didn't you. Well lets just say that my eldest son is now 5 - enough said. Many of the jobs have required more than one pair of hands, which has slowed things more than anything else. Anyway, no excuses, I am still enjoying the build and will get there. She still looks beautiful to me, even unfinished.

What makes matters worse, I think you have built three (and to a higher spec) in the same period - doh !! :o)

Hope to catch you at Silverstone.

Dave.
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Dave,

Yep, will be at Silverstone, not in the Hawk, but the Aceca. Are but children have slowed me up. First hawk 12 months, second 8 months. Third nearly 3 years, could do it much quicker, but same as you, home from work then child, then dinner, etc..

Lets catch up at Silverstone event!!!. My Aceca is blue, I'm going to go I hope Saturday (289 Register) and Sunday (Ac Owners Club).

John.
RUT220G

Post by RUT220G »

Dave,

Sent a separate e-mail with information. I had help from others including posts on this forum and reference to the 289 register newsletter.
Allan Tunstall