Boot lock keys

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Boot lock keys

Post by nikbj68 »

Those are casting numbers, so no use for obtaining keys. Lowe & Fletcher can supply barrels and keys, should be easy enough to change.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Crikey, what do you think the value of your car is and you have no lockable handles.
Most insurance policies dictate that the car should be locked otherwise the car is not covered for theft etc.
Do you have pin switches for the alarm on doors, bonnet and boot?
Peter C
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I don't think I have ever used any of the locks on my car apart from the fuel cap and ignition switch.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

I don't think locks are the issue on a car with no door handles windows or roof. Access to the handbrake and a low loader will soon have it away :lol:
I don't see the point in bonnet locks. I use the boot lock when I leave stuff in it overnight.
My mate used to be MD for Lowe and Fletcher in Wolverhampton, he was over at the weekend (in accordance with Covid guidelines) and he was looking at the keys in the boot lock of a car I have in and said the FS style code is the standard shape for Classic Cars...
If that desperate just buy a new handle with lock and key. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-CHROME ... 3240638140
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

You need bonnet locks surely....what if someone steals your engine!!!!!
Seriously, leaving a car anywhere nowadays is fraught with worry, the opportunist who lifts your boot lid and runs off with your hood and sidescreens would be very happy to sell them on eBay for £50, but we know what they would cost to replace! Same with bonnet locks, someone who wants to just “mess around” with your engine (these muppets do exist) will be discouraged. All the alarms and security in the world won’t put off the most determined scumbag, but if you can confound the opportunist, you’re doing ok......JMHO of course
Incidentally, S&J Motors has already found a key for my boot lock and put two matching locks in my bonnet handles, despite only posting them yesterday, they’re already on their way back. Excellent service!

Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Wow... that’s great service! 8)
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
kenv

Post by kenv »

Sorry Simon, it was indeed the barrel. I appreciate too late and not helpful anyway
Regards
Ken