lift dot orientation

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
SJ
T289R Member
T289R Member

lift dot orientation

Post by SJ »

I thought that the lift the dot plates should be positioned so that the dot is closest to the edge of the tonneau, but saw one on the us site that has them positioned sideways ?

what way is easiest for taking on and off?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: lift dot orientation

Post by clive »

Both my hood and tonneau have the dots to the outside as you lift them up by putting your hand under the edge of the cover. The ony exception is at the front of the tonneau along the windscreen where the dots are to the centre of the car as you tend to lift them off from the zip outwards.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

On every car I've restored I've placed every dot on the long axis away from the centre of the car. This is to ensure that wind pressure etc. doesn't inadvertently lift aforesaid dot, resulting in detachment. I was told this by an ancient trimmer many moons ago.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

You may be interested to know that since I started buying my lift-the-dot posts from these people, I never had them coming undone at speed:

http://www.martexmarine.com/new_page_1.htm

Part No LTD027. You can still use the standard sockets and backing plates, its just the posts that are way superior.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"