Radiator hoses for Rover installation

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Radiator hoses for Rover installation

Post by peterc »

Hi guys, especially those who are either mid build or recently finished. I’m looking for a copy of the relevant page of the build manual that lists the respective Quinton Hazel part numbers for the radiator hoses for a Rover installation.
If you have your manual handy perhaps you could make a scan and send me a copy. I would be much appreciated as my build manual doesn’t have a sketch at all.
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonjrwinter

Re: Sketch of radiator hoses for Rover installation

Post by simonjrwinter »

Howzat....
1E2978DC-CFEE-41CF-BDB3-3669479DF6A7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

(Sorry it’s upside down!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Many thanks Simon,
That’s a really neat sketch and has the info I was wanting. Excellent.
Ironically I was on a zoom call with Nik Bagshaw tonight who emailed me a link to an old club magazine with the info but very much a fag packet type sketch. Next hurdle is to get the QH numbers converted into modern availability.
Car is back up and running having had the rad out to flush it through and add some sealer for a minor leak. Next problem was me breaking off one of the connection pins off the temp sender. On draining the rad again I noticed the bottom hose might not be the correct shape so I think it’s due for a change after 20+ years.
Thanks again.
Peter C
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

No problem peter, taken directly from the build manual.
Simon
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks I now have the sketch of the rad hoses for a Rover engined Hawk but does anyone have the actual part number for the correct SD1 top hose. Looking on both Rimmer and EBay the obvious choice of V8 versions don’t look correct to me.
I have also tried the Mercedes number on EBay and got nowhere.
My original hose is fitted in one piece e.g. no mid length join. I’m sure it was shortened but you do obviously need the curves to head in the right direction.
I have tried Gerry but without any additional success.
Any comments. I’m sure quite a few members have used Rover engines so what top hose did you use?
Peter C
Last edited by peterc on Thu May 06, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Radiator hoses for Rover installation

Post by peterc »

Further development the bottom hose is listed as a RH 994 which apparently comes from a Ford possibly Transit Mk 1.
It would appear since the demise of Quinton Hazel that no one is interested in having any cross referencing.
No reg number, no part investigation. I got stoned walled by the guy at Euro Car Parts. I wonder if their customer services know the irritation they are causing and likelihood of no future purchases. And they moan that we use the web to buy things rather than local outlets. Sorry but I have zero sympathy.
So I will continue to search on EBay for suitable alternatives.
Peter C
stu60
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by stu60 »

Hi Peter
I’ve just had look at mine (see pics) I can’t find exact number but 1164 comes up as xj6 top hose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stu60
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by stu60 »

Hi Peter
have a look at this link for xj6, it might be the right one? no guarantees as markings on mine doesn't seem to come up with definitive on google.
good luck Stuart

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363314636298 ... Sw~QdgQ9Fh
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Stuart, thanks for looking but I was after the one from the thermostat housing to the header tank. Described merely as a SD1 top hose. Now I have it off the car I am going t send a photo to Rimmers for them to identify it for me.
I have purchased the recommended one for going from header into the rad top but reminded that it needs a fair bit of doctoring. Does your XJ item fit in one piece without a mod? I need a joint in the middle of my existing one.
Regards
Peter C