T5 Gear Lever mod

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
StuBaker

T5 Gear Lever mod

Post by StuBaker »

I've just fitted a trial mechanism to move the gear lever forward on the Tremec T5. I've done 4" and it looks and works well and feels great. I'll try it for a while then refine the bits. I think machined parts will improve the fit and function even more. Only problem is I'll have to chop down the top inch off the original T5 gear lever due to tunnel height.
StuBaker

Re: T5 Gear Lever mod

Post by StuBaker »

I've modified it again this week. From a horizontal rose joint to vertical. It give a bit more movement and I like the lever attachment a bit more. I haven't posted any pictures as the welding is chicken sh@#.
Also, I'm not sure if 4" is the right amount. Any ideas?
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Stu, you need to give us more guidance to assist you. Are you asking if moving the gearstick position forward 4” is enough. Can I suggest that a dimension from the front of the bell housing to compare would be a better way of relating the position needed.
Peter C
StuBaker

Post by StuBaker »

Yeah sorry, I thought as it's a T5 (on a 302) that would suffice. I'll measure tomorrow.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Stu. I have a LT77 not a T5 but obviously can perhaps compare the relative position you need for the stick for you. Otherwise you need advice from T5 owners.
Peter C
StuBaker

Post by StuBaker »

Hi, Thanks Peter,
I had a RV8 so there's still a patch in my carpet where the hole was thanks.
4" feels about right but I was hoping to see what other T5 users did. I've been away so still haven't measured mine from the engine bellhousing.
Cheers,
Stu