Project Sanity

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Project Sanity

Post by nikbj68 »

agnoraan wrote:A quick question, what exhaust silencers do people tend to use to pass the IVA noise test?
Nige
Bloody big ones! You can use mine when the time comes... :wink:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

'Silencers'? What are 'silencers'?
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Those things that spoil your fun when you are driving through the Conwy & Pen-y-Clip tunnels, like what I was doing yesterday! (That and the 40mph speed limit & single lane due to roadworks! :evil: )
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Managed to pick up another piece of the jigsaw puzzle on the weekend.

Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

You shouldn't need to modify this one unless you have some demon enhancement in mind. Perhaps a helmet bubble to go with some rear wing vents like GPG 4C ?
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

peterc wrote:You shouldn't need to modify this one unless you have some demon enhancement in mind. Perhaps a helmet bubble to go with some rear wing vents like GPG 4C ?
Peter C
Hi Peter, you're absolutely right in that I shouldn't need to modify this as it does fit as it should, .......but you know me, I can't leave things alone and like making work for myself, so yes, it will be modified to have a helmet/roll bar bulge. I'm spurred on by the fact that not only does GPG 4C have one, but no other replicas, as far as I know, have had this done to them, so that in itself makes me want to do it. I'm not totally enamoured by the overall shape of the one on GPG, so I'll modify this one slightly to look a little bit more aesthetically pleasing, well to my eyes anyway :lol:

I'm in the middle of modifying a fibreglass bonnet, and I need to get out asap, as I've had it a while now, so until that's finished I won't be doing much to the FIA, but should be back on it in a couple of weeks. :D In the meantime Owain's working away at sorting out the wiring
Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

agnoraan wrote:I'm in the middle of modifying a fibreglass bonnet,
Is that for Dave W?

If so, it would be interesting to see some pictures of how you're getting on with it.

Paul
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

I'd be interested too - I've just discovered that my bonnet doesn't clear the air-filter, so I think a scoop is going to be necessary. Might call on your services!

Cheers,

Andy
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I want to get the fibreglass work all finished on the bonnet first & I'll ask if it's ok to put photos and a write up of the various stages on here. Andy, I'm going to be taking a "splash" off the scoop on Owains car to fit on my Viper, so I'll have one if you're interested?
Nige
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

agnoraan wrote:I want to get the fibreglass work all finished on the bonnet first & I'll ask if it's ok to put photos and a write up of the various stages on here. Andy, I'm going to be taking a "splash" off the scoop on Owains car to fit on my Viper, so I'll have one if you're interested?
Nige
Thanks Nige - I might need some newbie instructions on what a splash is (presumably it doesn't involve a dog-eared copy of Razzle?) and what I need to do with it. Will try to give you a bell at the weekend.