Ace Dash

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
adamgeering
T289R Member
T289R Member

Ace Dash

Post by adamgeering »

Dear all, I am struggling with my dash layout. I want to make sure that the layout i use for the IVA is compliant. I'm also interested to compare it with a more authentic layout. Please does anyone have any pictures their dash showing IVA compliant layout and what an original looks like?

Very grateful for any help.

Thank you all very much

Adam
kenv

Re: Ace Dash

Post by kenv »

Apologies only recently saw this, to save cutting and messing about with the original style dash, I made one out of ply to get it through the test and am now trying to get to grips with a more original layout if that helps? I padded the dash with 1/8th inch foam rubber and it passed with no issues. I'll try to send a photo, but I always struggle posting photos.
Regards
Ken
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Doesn't the build manual show the suggested layout of the dash. There is a protected area within a radius of the steering wheel that allows you to fit the normal toggle switches. This used to be 5” from steering wheel edge. Gerry normally provides an regulation dash with the edge of the gauge holes recessed.
Peter C
kenv

Post by kenv »

I think it also depends on the loom you use, if it was the one provided by Gerry, it has a combined ignition/starter and numerous warning lights, the hazard switch, the rear fog light switch and the immobiliser and I was concerned the dash would end up like swiss cheese, if you do your own loom it may give you more options. I also wanted to resite the hazard and fog switches so they weren't so obvious on the front of the dash, but still usable as the MOT will need them.Good luck with it Adam, I couldn't load the photo, if one would help PM me your email and I'll send through.
Regards
Regards
Ken
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I used Gerry’s loom and had no problem mounting the hazard and immobiliser on the return edge of the dash out of sight. The rear fog I placed over on the RH side of the steering wheel as being less obtrusive. The RH side also has the push to wash and head light flash stalk.
Luckily my car was SVA’d in ‘99 so I was able to relocate the main switches outside of the 5” safety zone in a more acceptable original layout.
Peter C