Indicator Stalk

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Chris Pendry
T289R Member
T289R Member

Indicator Stalk

Post by Chris Pendry »

Can anyone tell me if the indicator stalk has to self cancel for the IVA testing ...
I’ve tried to see if I can adapt and use the early Mgb stalk (don’t mind the look of the early ones) but even with modification I don’t think this route will work so VW/ Karmann Ghia it is
Does anyone have a spare stalk with flasher they are willing to part with or can recommend a supplier/part number . I also believe I need to fabricate a small sleeve for the upper end of the column to allow fitment of this
StuBaker

Re: Indicator Stalk

Post by StuBaker »

Hi Chris,
I used INDBK from Car Builder Solutions. It fits in the column directly. Only problem is the contacts are open so I knocked up a small cowl from the base of a Domestos bottle and covered in leather. -Domestos because the plastic is thicker- I used this switch as it was cheap and only for short use.
I'm sure some of the others would work but this is just my experience.
Chris Pendry
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Chris Pendry »

Many thanks Stu
StuBaker

Post by StuBaker »

Hi Chris, I've been thinking and I'm not altogether sure I fitted the switch directly to the MGB column. I lent my stuff out so I'll check if there was an adapter/extension and come back to you on this one. Sorry for any misinformation.