Hazard Switch - Lucas DB10

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
jamesmacv8
T289R Member
T289R Member

Hazard Switch - Lucas DB10

Post by jamesmacv8 »

Just wondering what hazard warning switch to use that will work with the Lucas DB10 relay box?
Any ideas or wiring diagram would be helpful.
James
jamesmacv8
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hazard Switch - Lucas DB10

Post by jamesmacv8 »

Can I assume that anyone running with the Lucas DB10 (with standard filament bulbs) does not have hazard switch/lights?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I think it is more likely that nobody is using a Lucas DB10 relay. I would guess that most will be using the Hawk supplied wiring harness which comes with relays and hazard warning switches included.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I guess having authentic looking rear lights when you are north of the border are probably not particularly dangerous. Down south you are most likely to be rear ended as no one would understand a flashing red light meaning a turn indicator.
One of our members would admit to being shunted twice whilst waiting in the middle of the road to turn right.
I have converted mine to LED for safety reasons and whilst they normally look all red they flash orange for the indicators.
Peter C
jamesmacv8
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by jamesmacv8 »

Ok, thanks for the replys. So, does the Hawk loom therefore allow for brake lights to be used as indicators when using Lucas L542 lights?
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Nope but I doubt a tailor made solution will be available for a none tailor made issue. I'm sure the standard Hawk Durite or Hela hazard switch could actuate a pair of simple automotive relays that could provide you with a suitable contact that could be wired in parallel with whatever you are currently using for each of your 542's.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

My LED rear lights look just like original coffin shaped rear lights. Rear lights that get brighter for a brake function. Inside Spyida built a circuit board that has the three requirements. Rear lights, brake lights and indicators. Clever use of extra LED’s make yellow light appear as orange through the red lens. My car is not at my address at present for me to check but the indicators cannot be mistaken for anything but a flashing orange.
Basically the reflector section has been taken over with the lighting needs. I have attached separate simple round reflectors as a precaution.
The difference in brightness is significant. More in line with modern rear lights.
As Stuart says a standard hella hazard switch does the job.
Peter C