Bare block and heads

For Sale and Wanted Section
Roger King

Re: Bare block and heads

Post by Roger King »

dwoodwar wrote:Thanks for the comments and ebay posting. I had seen the ebay posting but its pickup only in Sussex which is a bit far from Manchester!

Also, thanks for the bore comments. Familiar with this as had previously been to Birmingham to pick up a complete 289 which the seller claimed 100% was untouched. Lucky for me I took my verniers with me :) . Was already at +060 and if he had just looked at the face of each piston, it even told him!! Doh.
Good move - +60 and unknown is just scrap metal, until 289s get rare enough to warrant sleeving.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

If you really want a 289 I got mine from here with the machining work all done and a good job it was too. 30 thou over with overhauled heads.

http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/

I dealt with Casey - counter@sandsengines.com

Yes they come from the US with shipping and import costs but the quality of mine was good.
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Thanks for that Stu.
Interestingly I have exchanged emails with Casey though it now seems to be S and J engines.
can I ask what price as I got the impression they were exchange motors rather than outright purchase.
Dave.
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the late reply as I've been in Germany. It was my Daughters 18th.

They do a core charge which you pay if you don't supply a core. IIRC I paid $1300 all up for what was virtually a long engine. Shipping and tax was about $750. I was just well impressed with the quality as was Tim Adams. BTW I think my invoice came from S&J so don't let that bother you. Casey can sometimes be a bit brupt, don't let that bother you either! The heads come with hardened valve seats as standard too so no worrys there.

HTH