HAWK 289 FOR SALE

For Sale and Wanted Section
kaiserbilly1

HAWK 289 FOR SALE

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

DSCN4367.JPG
http://www.the289register.com/phpBB3/do ... ew&id=1633

After 17 years of ownership, my Hawk 289 is now up for sale. If you are interested please send me a PM.
Here is the full specification.

1963 – 1996 AC Cobra 289 Mk2 by Hawk Cars

Built using all new parts by a professional motor engineer between 1995 and 1996, this well known Hawk 289 is now offered for sale.
Correctly registered as a “Hawk 289” on the V5, this vehicle is classed as a tax exempt historic vehicle, therefore having free road tax.
The vehicle comes with a full history file including original invoices from Hawk cars and all subsequent receipts, MOT certificates and tax discs. Finished in Jaguar metallic titanium with black leather interior, the full specification is as follows:-

Bodywork
Accurate Hawk Cars 289 body shell fitted to a powder coated round tube chassis.
Paint is a base coat of Jaguar metallic titanium with a top coat lacquer finish.

Chassis
Hawk cars round tube chassis.

Engine
The engine and ancileraries being bought new, in a crate, from the Morgan Motor Company, is a Rover 3.9 EFI V8 and is their “Plus 8” specification. The engine has been upgraded with a “Tornado” ECU chip, coil amplifier, fuel boost valve, Magnecor HT leads and new distributor cap.
An oil cooler, with remote oil filter has also been fitted.
In addition the engine is fitted with Hawk Cars headers and a bespoke straight through stainless steel exhaust system. The combination of all of the above delivers circa 230 BHP and is more than adequate for fast road use.
The engine has had an oil (Millers) and filter change every year, even if not needed, and runs at a very healthy 50 PSI when cold / hot.

Gearbox
Rover LT77C 5 speed. Fully rebuilt with all new bearings, seals, and gear set.

Axle
MGB rear axle with 3.3 crown wheel & pinion fitted. Two new half shafts, all new bearings spacers, and seals fitted.

Suspension
Front: - Ron Hopkinson conversion, coil springs, Bilstein shock absorbers, poly bushes and anti roll bar.
Rear: - Lowered CHAT 20 leaf springs, Bilstein shock absorbers, poly bushes and panhard rod.

Steering
Rack & pinion.

Brakes
Front: - MGB V8 discs & callipers with “greenstuff” pads.
Rear: - MGB drums with new wheel cylinders fitted.

Cooling
MGB V8 radiator with Kenlowe electric fan.
Wheels & Tyres
5 x Dunlop painted wire wheels, with 215 x 70 x 15 Pirelli P4000 tyres fitted, all have good tread depth, the spare never having been used, is an Avon Turbo speed.
4 x chrome spinners with AC Cars logo.

Electrical
Fitted with a Hawk Cars wiring loom, matching Smiths instruments with uprated LED bulbs, period map reading light, 12V power socket, P700 tripod head lights with upgraded halogen bulbs, L542 rear lights, L539 front indicators, air horns and a recent new battery.
New Cibie spotlights with halogen bulbs have also been recently fitted.

Interior
Black leather bucket seats, matching dash board and door cards, with black carpeting.
Willlans 4 point harnesses fitted.

Weather equipment
Black mohair hood and tonneau cover with side screens and hood bows.
The side screens and hood bows each have a tailored storage bag.

Bright work
Chrome roll over bar, chrome front and rear nudge bars with chrome overiders, chrome “Aston” filler cap, plus replica Raydot mirrors with thumb screws.

Windscreen
Chrome Hawk Cars windscreen with glass wind wings and tinted sun visors.

General condition
In the first 7 years of life since build, this car only covered 6500 recorded dry miles.
Being in my ownership for the past 16 years, she has always been used in the dry where possible. Stored in a dry, dehumidified garage, with the battery on trickle charge and only run in the summer months the car is always fully cleaned underneath before storage each winter.
No expense has been spared on the upkeep of this car and I have enjoyed many miles of trouble free motoring.
This car is not a “trailer queen”, but is a genuine, well sorted, high quality used Hawk 289 that has a bit of “patina” about it that adds to the look of authenticity.
It should be noted that the stripes and roundals are stick on and can be removed should you wish to return the car to more of a roadster look.
The car has also been signed by famous Cobra racing drivers Jack Sears, Sir John Whitmore and the son of John Tojeiro, Robin, to add an extra layer of authenticity.
Hawk 289’s of this quality and history rarely come onto the market, this one being a fraction of the price of what it would cost to build a vehicle of similar specification today.
All inspections are welcome, no time waters please.
The car is located in Glasgow, Scotland.

Price £39500.00

NB, the private number plate COB3A is not being sold with this vehicle, but is available under separate negotiation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kaiserbilly1 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: HAWK 289 FOR SALE

Post by StewbieC »

Sorry to hear you are selling up Bill!
Hope all is well and hope all goes well :cry:

Post by 289fan »

What are you asking for the plate?
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

289fan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:23 pm What are you asking for the plate?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3601
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

Sad day Bill to hear you are selling her. I pleased I had my trip to Silverstone last year in her at least. Good luck with the sale, whoever buys will be getting a great well cared for car. John
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

A few more photographs, full specification above, if you are interested please send me a PM.
Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

The universe is saying your should keep her Bill!!
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

I'm in no hurry to sell, I'm sure the right buyer will come along shortly ;)
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Just wanted to put this post back at the top of the "For Sale" section.

Bill
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Car now sold for the asking price.

If you are thinking of selling your 289, remember that these cars are increasing in value all the time for well built examples.
So don't sell your car for less than it is worth.
It's in every owners interest that values are kept as high as possible.

Regards

Bill