Hawk 427 purchase

For Sale and Wanted Section
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hawk 427 purchase

Post by clive »

No it certainly isn't!
John states in his opening post that the one he is looking at is a Black Hawk with the reg No. COB 427 built in 2008. The one on eBay is a blue BRA, Reg No. 957 YUS built around 30 years ago. No great research needed there. Just read the advert!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Ok, pardon me for breathing!
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Apologies if my reply seemed a bit harsh, it wasn't intended that way.
Cheers, Clive.

johnr
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by johnr »

On my way to pick it up now Clive.fingers crossed that the AA wont be needed on the way back...

Simon, the BRA in your link is rather different, with the old box frame chassis and glue on wheel spinners. Interesting engine tho.. l will post a couple of pictures of mine once l have removed the various stickers and roundels it has acquired.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Well done John, I'm sure you've got yourself a lovely car. If I remember correctly, Gerry had lowered the footwell of that car so it should be extremely comfortable on a long drive, particularly if you are tall. Enjoy the drive home and remember to take it easy. These are extremely powerful cars and need to be treated with respect.
Cheers, Clive.

peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

John ,
Glad to hear you got the nod from Gerry that all well with the identity of the car you have chosen to buy.
As you may have guessed from Simons comment that there are a few dodgy cars out there with incorrect paperwork. The DVLA are on the war path for such vehicles. The dark blue one on eBay referred to is an obvious candidate for suspicion. How can a BRA kit be registered as a 1957 AC?
Enjoy the drive home and remember it’s still 1960’s technology so you may well have to learn to drive it compared to a modern hatchback especially if you have a 427 up front.
Peter C
johnr
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by johnr »

Well its home safe and sound in the garage. I was a bit worried when l arrived at Caste Donnington to collect it on saturday and it wouldnt start, but it was just a run down battery , so once we got it going it was plain sailing all the way.
The car drives beautifully, but with much more throttle travel than my 289 ( the demask red wide body car at silverstone in July) but l am getting used to it. It has now done more miles in the last 24 hours than in the last 7 years...

At 5ft9 l need the seat full forward to drive it properly...so yes , a lot of room.

Looking forward to bringing it to a gathering , imminent salty roads and rubbish weather being the only worries ...

Thank for your assistance all.

Pictures to follow.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

I see no price on the ad?
Wasn't this when Hawk were importing these from SPF in South Africa?