Ford V8 engine wanted!

For Sale and Wanted Section
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Ford V8 engine wanted!

Post by clive »

When I built my 289, I got my engine from Peter Knight at Knight Racing Services http://www.knightracingservices.co.uk/about.html , following a recommendation from Gerry. It might be worth a phone call to them or at least to Gerry to ask who he recommmends these days.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I know of a really good engine builder that has one of my old rebuildable 289 engines he might be happy to part with. I can ask him tomorow for you if you like? He's likely to ask what sort of budget you have for a re built engine, as the prices can alter dramatically depending on final spec. How would you like it to be?
Nige
Hamy-hoo
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hamy-hoo »

Hi Nige,
I’m in the process of stripping a 289 before sending it off to Ivor Searle to be pressure tested etc before being rebored. If it fails the initial testing then I could be very interested in the 289 you mention (as keen to stick with 289 or 302 Ford). What more can you tell me about it?
Are you free to chat tomorrow? Let me know when suits and we can discuss this as well as the paint.
Cheers
Hamish
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Hamish, it's an engine I had that was surplus to my needs. My friend builds engines for people, so I let him have it rather than take up too much space here (I've already got a spare early 302 and 289)it would need a full rebuild dependant on what somebody needs. I shouldn't think he'd want to sell the engine as is though. I'm free pretty much anytime, but if I don't answer just leave me a message and I'll call you back. If I'm in the spray booth I struggle to get a signal
Cheers
Nige
Martin D-S

Post by Martin D-S »

mnicholson wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:06 pm Hello all

About to embark on a Hawk 289 build with my son but we're currently space constrained at home and so are seeking an engine to play with first. Ideally looking for a working short-block Ford V8 (289 or 302 providing it's pre '74) that needs a bit of love, but due to their apparent scarcity am also contemplating buying a short (or long) engine and then the remaining parts separately.

Would love to hear about any engines for sale (or even rumours of engines for sale that I can try and track down...) and always happy to take advice on best approach from those more knowledgable than myself!

Thanks all
Matt
Hi Matt,
I’ve just sent you a PM regarding my engine that is about to go on sale.
Regards, Martin.