Withdrawn from sale

For Sale and Wanted Section
SiJackson

Withdrawn from sale

Post by SiJackson »

No longer offered for sale. Thank you to 289 members for your advice and encouragement on seeing this project through. I think :?

Time to dig in
Last edited by SiJackson on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Possible Sale- Hawk 289 Cobra FIA

Post by StewbieC »

Hi SI,
I genuinely feel for you, but the point you have reached is probably where plenty get to and fail to finish.
I also think that you may struggle to get back what you have put in as the engine is a risk (for anyone else other than yourself) and the vehicle still needs to get through IVA (if it is to be road registered) and Mr IVA tester doesn't like period correct features.
To get maximum return you should get it finished and IVA'd and maybe even get it painted in a period correct colour or try to replicate an original car.
JMHO of course
All this aside, I hope someone comes along and you have just what they are looking for and they offer a price you are after as the build quality and attention to detail all look very good.

Post by SiJackson »

Ah, the dreaded IVA. I had a game plan for that. I’ve got the stock Hawk trans tunnel and dash with no nasty sharp edges, a pair of MX5 seats etc to start tackling that demon. I’ve also started on a auxiliary wiring loom to take care of the lighting, immobiliser, warning lights etc requirements, brake fluid reservoirs with the sensors, etc etc
Engine is great. I bought it from a club member on here, all brand new and rebuilt, but couldn’t help tearing it down just to be sure. I added some stronger ARP rod and bottom end bolts as extra insurance, but that aside it was top notch. It’s zero miles and in the hole.

I’m not expecting to get a return on my investment (do we ever?), just not lose a massive amount of money. If I have to finish it, then i’d be keeping it. It’s the finishing that’s weighing me down, not the prospect of ownership. I could put it away for a few years, take a breather, with the other half completed hulks I suppose.
Frank289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Frank289 »

Hi SiJackson, Think u are at the point of no return where we all where, So remember wenn u drive your Cobra that makes the difference to al NoCobra people, we didnt give up and went on even wenn we had no time money or whatever. As fas as u are and as nice your project looks i really hope u go on. just let is stand in the cornor for some time u will see the spirit will come back.
Grtz Frank
Migge

Post by Migge »

It took me 11 years :-(
Special customized BRA289
SiJackson

Post by SiJackson »

Migge wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 pm It took me 11 years :-(
In 11 years I hope to be half drunk in a beach side bar in Malibu on a daily basis, not driving anything. 👍
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Most of the beaches up your neck of the woods are nicer than Malibu! If only it was a bit warmer up there :P

Post by SiJackson »

So are we thinking that £20k-ish is about right? Or is that still too high?
StuBaker

Post by StuBaker »

I'm in year 20.
Kids say they're going to bury me in it...
Should be ready for Spring this year though..
Keep at it. The best things are worth finishing.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

At the end of the day it’s worth what ever someone is prepared to pay for an unfinished project. Personally I think it’s worth a chunk more than you suggest e,g. What you have paid out.
A finished car correctly registered will be around £40K so work back from that bearing in mind the extra authenticity you have built in and the quality of engine build etc.
Any prospective buyer would need to see evidence of quality before driving any distance to view.
Peter C