FORD 302 BLOCK and HEADS

For Sale and Wanted Section
Stephen Auty

FORD 302 BLOCK and HEADS

Post by Stephen Auty »

It's with a heavy heart that I will most likely not be building a Cobra anymore so all the parts I've accumulated over the last year in anticipation of the kit arriving is going to be sold.
Probably the most important item is the engine. I bought this as a complete unit and stripped it down , sent it off for pressure testing and there it has sat for nearly a year due to Covid hitting the company quite badly.
Anyway the tests were done in November and passed with no issues, that's the block and heads. The block is a rare one as it's on standard bore so 4".
I can't find the build number on my phone but it's a 1978 one so just needs basic emission tests as far as I know. I will get the number from the machine shop where it's being held. Here it is D8VE-8015-A3A

It's currently still at the machine shop in Lancashire and can be picked up from there. Pistons and con rods are there too.
I"d be looking for £1200 which is what I paid for it.

I also have a solid type MGB steering rack and a fully rebuilt MGB rear axle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen Auty

Re: FORD 302 BLOCK and HEADS

Post by Stephen Auty »

I've added some photos of the engine parts, like I say it's a standard bore so quite rare.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Did this sell?
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

I suppose this is long gone now….🙁