For Sale and Wanted Section
Pomracer
Forum member
Forum member

For sale: complete 289 race engine from FIA Cobra + other stuff

Post by Pomracer »

NOW SOLD. Thank you.

To be advertised elsewhere, but I thought worth mentioning here:-

I have some items for sale from a proper original FIA race car, the main one being the engine.

1. 289 engine, complete with everything including webers , running, just as removed from a FIA race car, correct block and heads, Mallory ignition, all good bits including road/race sump etc as you would expect from a pukka engine. This engine has been taken out of the car only because it is being replaced by a full monty brand new Peter Knight race engine. There are sundry racing spares such as dizzy caps, points etc all of which are included. Cant tell you much more about it other than it has not done a lot in last five years apart from being regulalrly turned over whilst car was stored. I have driven the car with this engine so can sell it knowing that it runs healthily - a buyer would probably want to drop the sump and check everything for peace of mind but its ready to go otherwise.
2. single FIA roll hoop - removed to fit whole cage.
3. 2 x aluminium fuel tanks ( foam filled) as per original race cobras, made circa 2010,- expensive to fabricate due to shape. Only for sale due to being replaced with a modern FIA fuel bladder / "bag tank" for safety belt and braces.
4. Also complete exhaust system from headers to end pipes - the silencers and end pipes defeinitely could be of use to someone, and the headers perhaps.

Welcome offers for the lot, though obviously the most value is in the engine, so will split.
SOLD.
Last edited by Pomracer on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hamy-hoo
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: For sale: complete 289 race engine from FIA Cobra + other stuff

Post by Hamy-hoo »

Hi, I could be interested so have sent you a PM.
Thanks
Hamish
bernie
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: For sale: complete 289 race engine from FIA Cobra + other stuff

Post by bernie »

HI,
Interested by exhaust system PM sent
Bernie
Pomracer
Forum member