Hawk 289 For Sale

For Sale and Wanted Section
chappy996

Hawk 289 For Sale

Post by chappy996 »

Hawk 289 For Sale in metallic British Racing Green with chrome wire wheels - £38,750 - listed on Pistonheads
First registered 8th September 2000 based on a 1970 MGB donor
Chassis Number STSL HAWK 100125
Correctly registered as a ‘Hawk 289’ and classified by DVLA in the historic taxation class – thus no road tax to pay or MoT required – letter from DVLA confirming this included.
Engine: 3.9 Rover V8 built by Progress Engineering with Stage 2 heads, lightened flywheel and hi-torque camshaft. Included is a dynamometer printout showing 180bhp at 5500 rpm and 205 lb/ft at 3000 rpm measured at the rear wheels.
Recent Edelbrock 500 carburettor and ‘Performer’ manifold supplied and jetted by RPi.
Oil and filter recently changed.
New Facet fuel pump and Filter King regulator, together with all new fuel hoses
Mallory twin point distributor
Gearbox: LT77 5-speed – recent oil change
Rear axle: MGB live axle with Panhard rod – recent oil change. MGB competition leaf springs
Koni telescopic dampers all round. Uprated front anti-roll bar
Front brakes: Hawk Cars adapted ‘Princess’ 4-pot callipers with vented discs (new discs and pads and wheel bearings, as well as the telescopic damper conversion). New brake pipes and Servo fitted to ease pedal pressure.
Rear Brakes: MGB drums – overhauled
Front PL400 ‘tripod’ headlamps and correct ‘white’ indicator lamps
Rear LED ‘coffin’ lights incorporating concealed LED indicators
Chrome wire wheels in excellent condition shod with Pirelli P4000 – plus full size unused spare in the boot floor.
Fitted with the Hawk supplied immobiliser
BIG file of documents and invoices from build through to the present.
Supplied with over-rider kit (never fitted), useful tonneau cover, soft top and side windows – never used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chappy996

Re: Hawk 289 For Sale

Post by chappy996 »

I should add that the car is at Ludlow, Shropshire/Herefordshire border.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Hi there,
I'm interested in your car for sale. Please call me on 07785 548888.
Thanks,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
chappy996

Post by chappy996 »

Deposit now taken - despite a severe attack of the tyre-kicker. I didn't understand the current popularity of online auctions...........I do now!!