Caption competition time...!

General Cobra & Ace topics
simonjrwinter

Re: Caption competition time...!

Post by simonjrwinter »

I’m sorry but that is just so disrespectful to someone’s pride and joy and shows total disregard for all the hard work (not to mention money) they’ve put in.
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Simon, I don't know if you're aware, but that Nik's car. So they're not only being disrespectful to his car, but in my opinion it's disrespectful our club Chairman too. Worse still is they're a prominent 289 Register club member! Their car was also on the stand about 6 ft from Niks, why not do their shoes up on their own car?! This was not a set up or prank photo
Migge
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Migge »

The whole behavior is unacceptable.

But Nik's comments reflect that is he is not too much concerned? Pilates hours?

Not my cup of tea.
Special customized BRA289
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Migge, obviously I can't comment for Nik, but as you know he's too much of a diplomat to make negative comments a forum. It would appear that this photo has being doing the "rounds" as an awful lot of people are talking about it, and not just our club members. I've had numerous texts and messages saying " have you seen this?...." from people not nescessarily associated with Cobras, but know I have one. like yourself, everybody without exception has deemed this to be grossly unacceptable behaviour.

It'll be interesting to see what the committee do about it, as this happened on the club stand by a club member.
Migge
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Migge »

You just have to be in a certain district of London (or any other bigger city I guess) and do that on a car, that is owned by the inofficial King of that district, you will never forget that day for the rest of your life.
Special customized BRA289
peterc

Post by peterc »

Words fail me.
I just hope an apology is forth coming to diffuse the situation.
Peter C
bevan
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by bevan »

I am so sorry Nik for putting my foot on your car and putting you through all the subsequent hassle. Please put my action down to the unthinking act of a woman who can no longer reach her shoes to do up her shoelaces and who didn’t want to make that obvious to others close by, so moved away from them searching for a suitable perch. Thank you for taking it so well at the time. I really wasn’t thinking clearly.

I offered my resignation to T289R committee at our meeting this evening which you and the other committee members declined. Quite rightly chastened, I’ll now go back to putting my usual loads of effort into getting T289R News ready for all members to read. Nik, please accept my sincere apologies.

As a footnote, when I read the trail on the Forum for the first time yesterday evening, I find I am astonished and distressed at the vehemence expressed to a fellow member who works hard for the club.

Valerie, Editor of T289R News
John Coward
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John Coward »

Nik and the Committee accepted Valerie's apology last night and would now like to close down the issue.

This incident has triggered some extreme comments, which if taken literally would clearly contravene the Forum Rules. Even if not taken literally, they were unpleasant and out of all proportion to the original offence.

Please, can we all be more careful in our use of language on this public forum in future?

John C
nikbj68
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by nikbj68 »

So I have accepted Val’s heartfelt apology, and I think it’s fair to say she will never touch another car without consent!
I did ask whether the ‘unwritten rule’ (NEVER do anything to anyone else’s car the you wouldn’t like done to your own) should actually be written, but as a committee, we decided against that, and I trust that this issue is now closed, and nothing similar will occur again.

I echo John’s call to moderate the tone of statements on the forum, and I think it’s best that this thread is now closed.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!