New Member - Long time Lurker

General Cobra & Ace topics
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: New Member - Long time Lurker

Post by nikbj68 »

I don’t think I’ve seen an RS Ace Hawk built! Fabulous! Second only to fitting a Ford Zephyr engine, the Triumph is a great choice!
Best wishes for the build, and very selfishly, I hope you retire to the UK so we have a chance to see it finished! 😎
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
289FIA
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289FIA »

nikbj68 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:14 pm I don’t think I’ve seen an RS Ace Hawk built! Fabulous! Second only to fitting a Ford Zephyr engine, the Triumph is a great choice!
Best wishes for the build, and very selfishly, I hope you retire to the UK so we have a chance to see it finished! 😎
Nik,

Thanks for the welcome!

I should know where I am retiring to within the next few months, meanwhile I will stay in the sandpit!

There are many advantages in going to the US. SVA is irrelevant and therefore, I will only have to build once! :)

Triumph and MG Parts are relatively easy to come by and the Ace, will compliment my ERA289FIA, which is currently being manufactured in Connecticut.

My 1963 - 289 5 Bolt HIPO is already built, and ready to install when it arrives. Will finish that before I get the Ace :wink:

D
289FIA
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by 289FIA »

peterc wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:15 am Welcome David. As Stuart says the only silly question is the one you don’t ask that costs you time and money to correct.

Simon the last thing you will need is heated seats when your car is left out in the sun for a couple of hours at a meeting or show bearing in mind we normally drive our cars when the weather is more summery.
Peter C
Peter,

Thanks for the welcome. I will undoubtably have many stupid questions to ask.

Cheers

D
Frank289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Frank289 »

Hi David, due to your issue left or right hand drive in order to where u are stationed? Im a practical solution finding man, i would start a foundation bases in the UK or where your final place will be. that way u can drive all over the world wenn u register it in your foundation???
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Frank289 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 pm Hi David, due to your issue left or right hand drive in order to where u are stationed? Im a practical solution finding man, i would start a foundation bases in the UK or where your final place will be. that way u can drive all over the world wenn u register it in your foundation???
Hi
Could you please explain the detail on this please ?
Frank289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Frank289 »

Don t know if its so good to wright that on this forum, dont want to bring the club in some kind of discredit anyhow, better contact me at Fb
AC Cobra Frank or send me a PM.
greatings Frank