hawk ace iva

General Cobra & Ace topics
donfrost
T289R Member
T289R Member

hawk ace iva

Post by donfrost »

Hi have got iva booked in at Gillingham on the 4th of october very scary!! few bits still to sort on my hawk ace.looking to buy or borrow set of octagonal wheel nuts and a steering wheel pref 15 inch to fit collapsible boss from europa and any last minuet hints on things i must have forgotten or not even known about, or even wish me luck!!!!!
have still got set of painted wires off of an mgb so are 14inch i used them for my build, tyres not go through mot , wires although old not to bad a condition , would have to be picked up from hastings area
also got front and rear mgb Armstrong dampers in good cond
thanks Don
jackfrostuk

Re: hawk ace iva

Post by jackfrostuk »

oops got date wrong its on 4 th of november
Don
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Good luck!
Make sure you don't have stickers on your dash, but permanent labels for switches - Gillingham failed me on this (and many other things) first time around.
donfrost
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by donfrost »

thanks Kevin
would dyno printed labels be accepted ?
Don
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Doubt it very much, probable best to order something like this....
B5055967-C707-40F7-9B0C-638A7D04B2C9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

As what Simon said.
This was how I presented my car - I think they look OK actually, although the under dash binnacle was a bit rough.
You'll also need to make sure the fuel filler hose has suitable marking like in this pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

I found Gillingham to be firm but fair.
If like me you hung a pair of fog and reversing lights under the rear valance, make sure you don’t just rely on the mechanical friction of the bolts holding them in position. The tester put my car up on the ramp, walked underneath and as he did so, tapped both units with his hand. They both folded up under the boot floor “that’s your first fail” he said.
For the re-test an aluminium bracket behind each light held them in place to his satisfaction.
Switch labels need to be permanent and resistant to weather in an open top car.
Having said that, the transfers from CBS passed on my car although didn’t on others!
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.