Now SOLD. Top quality ‘COBRA Powered by Ford’ cast aluminium rocker or valve covers with correct open letter style

For Sale and Wanted Section
Martin D-S

Now SOLD. Top quality ‘COBRA Powered by Ford’ cast aluminium rocker or valve covers with correct open letter style

Post by Martin D-S »

Now SOLD. Top quality ‘COBRA Powered by Ford’ cast aluminium rocker or valve covers with correct open letter style.

Not acheap imitations, these are a quality product. Exact reproduction with polished fins and letters, and natural cast aluminum finish elsewhere. With correct baffles, riveted brackets for plug wires and grommet for PCV valve.

Brand New and unused. Imported from the USA, these cost me well over £400 with tax, carriage and import duty. (See Essex Mustangs or ask Gerry if you don’t believe me)

These are correct for Cobras and Mustang GT350 but will fit any Ford 260, 289, 302w or 351w with carburettor and stock valve gear.

PLEASE NOTE! These will NOT fit over aftermarket roller rockers.
These will NOT fit 5.0 EFI Engines.
And - as I found to my cost - these will NOT fit engines fitted with 5.0 EFI rockers!
However, these may fit over some non-stock and non-EFI valve gear with the addition of thicker gaskets and/or spacers (not included).

Price £299 o.n.o. plus p&p if required. Postage cost of £19.99 includes shipping this 6Kg parcel on a 2-3 day tracked service, with insurance to the value of the purchase price. (Theses are advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn if sold.)

Thanks for looking. Regards, Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Martin D-S on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
chapels74
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Top quality ‘COBRA Powered by Ford’ cast aluminium rocker or valve covers with correct open letter style

Post by chapels74 »

Hi Martin,

I had similar issues with my 5.0 which could be solved with extra thick gasket valve covers from Fel Pro that provided the required extra 3-4mm needed to clear the rockers (FEL-1645).

Cheers

Sascha
Martin D-S

Re: Top quality ‘COBRA Powered by Ford’ cast aluminium rocker or valve covers with correct open letter style

Post by Martin D-S »

Hi Sascha,
Thanks for your message. I’m not sure what cam you have, but with my cam when these covers were laid on top of the engine and it was turned over by hand, the EFI rockers lifted the covers approx 10mm, so even the Fel-Pro’s wouldn’t help with my cam/rocker combination - I would have needed the spacer plates too, and they’re prone to leaking.
So I’ve purchased an inferior - but taller - pair of covers from the US, again....
Thanks for your interest.
Kind regards, Martin.
Martin D-S

Post by Martin D-S »

Now on eBay at offers nearest to £299.
Regards, Martin.
Martin D-S

Post by Martin D-S »

Now SOLD.
Thanks for looking.
Regards, Martin.