radiators and wipers

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
stu60
T289R Member
T289R Member

radiators and wipers

Post by stu60 »

Hi,

Firstly, what wiper arms and blades are fitted to Hawk...one of mine decided to remove itself?

Secondly, i have just had my radiator re-cored and new twin electric fans fitted. the radiator re-core was very reasonable and they even made up some proper fan brackets to avoid the risk of pushing those single use ties through my new radiator. Thoroughly recommend Gloucester Radiators tuffley lane (though i believe the actual re-core may have been doen at their sister company in Leicester).

I've also re-plumbed my under manifold heater pipe (Rover V8, Edelbrock) and replaced it with S/S pipe mounted next to Rocker covers and fitted suitable restrictor in heater loop pipe (as i run without heater) and installed an air bleed. All seems to be running perfectly and will hopefully cope better with the summer and traffic. I can take some pics if anyone is interested.

Happy Christmas to all
Stuart
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: radiators and wipers

Post by clive »

Have a look at Holden's website and see if you can get a match. Off hand I think mine are 5mm adjustable straight bayonet fitting which I bent the ends to fit. I also think the blades are 9"

https://www.holden.co.uk/c/hardware/was ... ned-shafts

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Just been to check. 9" blades and 5mm arms.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
stu60
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by stu60 »

excellent, thank you so much for checking. happy holidays!