BRA COBRA EXHAUST

289, FIA & Daytona topics
Tim Curtis
T289R Member
T289R Member

BRA COBRA EXHAUST

Post by Tim Curtis »

Anyone now a good source for an exhaust system from down pipes to rear . Rover v8 BRA Cobra
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: BRA COBRA EXHAUST

Post by clive »

There is a good one in Falkirk, but I would assume that it is a bit far for you even though you don't tell us where you are. :wink:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Tim is over in East Anglia.
I used a company in Wrexham for my exhaust https://www.alunox.co.uk/
The quality is fantastic and the prices were reasonable too. They do loads of work for most of the racing Cobras, the Green Daytona from Goodwood / Silverstone was in there the other week.
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Tim Curtis »

great thanks,

I will give them a call.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Pipecraft in Basildon - fantastic work and will fabricate a full stainless system (not inc. headers) in a day, while you wait. Dean has made a couple of Cobra systems for me and one for a Mustang, none of them over £500. He does a lot of custom work - last time I was there he was building a system for a Granada coupé with a S197 Mustang motor.
David Large

Post by David Large »

The stainless exhaust on my BRA with Rover V8 was made and fitted in Walsall, West Midlands. When a bracket broke after 10 years I took it back and they repaired it at no cost telling me it had a lifetime guarantee. That is now approaching 10 years ago.

David
DavidA
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidA »

Over 30 years ago I made the exhaust for my BRA getting straight mild steel tube and cutting out thin sections to make the bends. A mobile welder then finished it and I used a single mgb silencer on each side angled up towards the rear. With the final length of pipe chromed it all looked ok.
Unfortunately this only lasted about 5 years before it rusted through! I then contacted Gerry who seemed to know exactly what I needed-apparently different to a Hawk exhaust. What he supplied in stainless incorporated 2 silencers on each side and has been on the car ever since.
DavidA