Hoop for soft top

For Sale and Wanted Section
mdenton
T289R Member
T289R Member

Hoop for soft top

Post by mdenton »

Hi all,

Does anyone have for sale the hoop set for the soft top. I have the cover, but not the hoop...

Also the side flaps - are these rigid inserts on top the door?

The car is one of Jerry's 289 slab sides.

Many thanks
Marcus
simonjrwinter

Re: Hoop for soft top

Post by simonjrwinter »

I’m sure Gerry will sell you the hoops....
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Marcus. the side screens have rigid metal frames with perspex inserts. One fixed window and one sliding. The frame has to be cut to length to suit the windscreen angle and then trimmed. Likewise the front piece of perspex needs cutting at the correct angle. The screens plug into suitable sockets in the door top.
Peter C
mdenton
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by mdenton »

Thank you Peter - noted. Guessing these take a bit of room (all of it) in the boot when packed away with the hoops and cover but I'll crack on with sourcing from Gerry.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Unfortunately hood and side screens do rather dominate the boot space when you need to carry them. I had a bag made up for the side screens to try to protect their windows. I have also taken to using a cardboard tube covered with a duster to protect the hood’s rear window when folded in half which you need to do to get it in.
If you are interested in the bag it came from Bagworld. Mention my name as he will be able to pull out the patterns to save designing from scratch. Realistically it could be a bit shorter side to side. It was sized to accommodate another larger design of side screen.
Peter C