Hawk 289 FIA for sale

For Sale and Wanted Section
simonjrwinter

Hawk 289 FIA for sale

Post by simonjrwinter »

It is with no small reluctance and a heavy heart, I am offering my Hawk Fia for sale.
Hawk 289 FIA. Built by the previous owner over the course of 4 years, the car was IVA’d and registered in 2010. On the road and up and driving with less than 200 miles on the clock, it was then stored in a barn by the owner/builder (literally for the next 9 years) until I purchased it in January 2019.
Since then I have finished the interior and had the car sprayed in the correct Viking Blue by one of the most experienced and meticulous body guys I have ever met.
The car is fitted with a “Real Steel” built Ford 302 engine. This is their 335BHP (dyno proven) fully balanced engine with Aluminium Edelbrock heads, MSD ignition, Holley carb etc mated to a T5 “World Class” gearbox.
At the front is the Hawk Cars tubular, fully adjustable suspension, along with aluminium 4-pot “Hawk” uprated brakes. At the rear, a fully independent Jag IRS is fitted. The car has knock on wheels, side exhausts with silencers, (maybe too quiet for some) Fully carpeted interior (top quality wool), Mohair tonneau and Mohair Hood and sidescreens. "Moto-Lita" leather rimmed Cobra steering wheel, It has a heater and also heated seats! I changed the FIA dash to suit my tastes, but the original FIA dash will come with the car. Sun visors, wind wings and replica raydot mirrors are also fitted along with five point “Willans” harnesses.
P700 “Tripod” headlamps are fitted as well as LED “coffin” style rears.
The car has a fully leather finished interior (door cards, dash, seats etc)
The car drives absolutely superbly with a quiet and tractable engine that can potter around town quite happily or can be a real beast when required. Usually only 4 speeds are used around town as in 5th gear, 70mph equates to just 1800rpm, fantastic for long distance trips.
The car comes with 3 folders of receipts and engine documentation (balancing specs, Dyno charts etc)
There are now still just over 5,000 miles on the car.
A recent trip to the Silverstone Classic has only served to remind me what a fabulous car this is and if there were any way of keeping it, I would be......
This car was definitely a "keeper" until a change of personal circumstances has meant putting it up for sale.
Please note, current no plate not included, but I will include a “dateless” registration number should the purchaser require.
Not cheap at £65000 I realise, but I think (and have had it confirmed by others) that this is one of the finest examples out there and an absolute credit to the quality of the Hawk product.
Please feel free to contact me via email or phone to arrange a viewing (RM14 area, 5 mins from J29 on the M25)
E302CDA4-B0FD-4422-9B0E-99339A00874E.jpg
A4175E96-44EC-40B1-8C19-699AFE48EAC7.jpg
IMG_0376.JPG
W4ko5LT5RAOH2bynK2PFNQ.jpg
DTTLDRpYRtqEsEborsfzaQ.jpg
TlkJVP7ETBCHMM9pXTQIyQ.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Hawk 289 FIA for sale

Post by peterc »

Simon.
Sorry to hear that you need to part with your Cob after lots of hard work.
Out of interest you say you can provide a dateless reg number so is the car eligible for road tax free status or what year was the donor to allow an old number.
Of course a ‘64 plate would be best for an FIA as the only year Shelby had them built.
Peer C
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

Donor was ‘71 “J” reg
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
cobraboy

Post by cobraboy »

Simon
Please fwd your contact details to me via PM I have a friend who is serious about an FIA.

Regards Mark